What is FHFI?
FHFI, started in 2010, has grown to encompass a worldwide, diverse group of volunteers, funders and projects. These span from our longest running northern Indian girls school sponsorship to rebuilding schools in rural Nepal after the 2015 earthquake to helping raise foundation income for the most exciting program to take on the ugliest criminal activity, that of trafficking (buying and selling, using and abusing women, children and men, in brothels, labor camps, even under forced detainment in private houses in almost every country around the world.
Select the project below which most interests you. If you would like to get involved, we are here to help connect the dots. Almost everyone wants to help in a meaningful way. FHFI is here for you.
FHFI Mission Statement:
- 1. To locate worthwhile projects and contact, engage, develop and assist these with resources, ranging from financial to materials, to volunteers, to planning and delivery help.
- 2. To develop and spread an understanding of human rights and responsibilities around the world using technology and other resources which support our 4 KEY principles of strength:
- a. Health
- b. Education
- c. Inspiration
- d. Opportunity
- 3. To provide opportunities to a wide group of people to connect and act and together to provide help where needed to those programs which are making an effective difference to their environments.
To that end, we have selected the following Projects for our current focus. (2015 – 2016)
PPES Education Society
Changing the lives of thousands of girls in rural northern India, since 2001, PPES is a self-developed and self-funded local program. 14 years later, over 1,300 girls have enrolled with senior classes graduating with top marks. All in one of the poorest regions of the world.
With your support, for just $20 per month ($240 per year) FHFI helps a girl achieve her full potential. Be a part of the solution. Be part of the FHFI Team.
Find out more about PPES.
Power of Ten Project
Do you want to change the world? The Power of Ten Humanitarian Project “pays it forward.”
Get ten of your friends to master these rights themselves and you achieve a Power Team status. You are on your way to making a difference.
Standard Membership is $10 per year. Power Membership with full benefits is $10 per month.
Find out more about the POWER OF TEN!
End Human Trafficking
Over 28,000,000 (28 Million) people, many under 15 and even 10 years old, are in conditions of slavery, forced to do unspeakable things to survive.
This goes on all over the world – in England, China, Thailand and right here in the USA.
Music producer Gary Miller decided several years ago – ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Gary and his team of socially aware artists, including Slash, Glenn Hughes and more are bringing help and hope to millions of children, women and men caught in the “dark web” of inhumanity.
Find out more about ending Human Trafficking.
Road to Rights
Grassroots work on developing Human Rights and Responsibilities in Sri Lanka and 14 other countries is at the heart of our partnered work with Road To Rights organization. Already reaching millions of people from Taiwan and China across South Asia to Europe and Africa, FHFI is raising funding for expanding office, travel and materials needed for the RTR organizational base in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
With over 50 volunteers working to support the efforts, including major celebrities, this organization is racing to stem the rising tide of intolerance by reaching those who can be reached through personal contact, care, help and education. Help us help them.
Find out more about FHFI RTR Project.
Nepal Rebuilding Rural Schools
On April 25, 2015 Nepal suffered a massive 8.0 earthquake which has left villages flattened, schools collapsed and houses gone.
As FHFI’s focus is on creating long term self -sustainability through education, our Nepali team is on rebuilding schools, now in rubble, particularly in rural areas. We have done repairs on 2 schools this summer and are targeting to rebuild 25 remote, rural schools. A school averages $5,000 for building materials, transport, educational materials and basics. Help us raise this $125,000. School naming rights available. “Donated by – Your Name”
Find out more about FHFI Nepal Project
FHFI – Behind The Scenes
As we travel the world, one must always keep a sense of humor. So when we encounter a humorous situation or one worth recording where we went etc, we capture it, when we can – and then share some of those moments with you.
We hope you enjoy them. In the near future we will be adding videos to this experience.
Driving around India one will many times see these wise words on the back of the truck. The “BLOW HORN” is a national pastime for drivers. BUT, they do not seem to have as many accidents!
Find out about volunteering or helping our projects.
Help us make our target to raise $125,000 by December 31, 2015 which will:
- Fund 100 girls for a year at the indian school plus get two teachers to the usa for training. Goal: $27,000
- Build 8 schools in remote areas of nepal and begin to build hope for the people there. Goal: $40,000
- Pay the basic office costs for a year for road to rights organization. Goal: $12,000
- Help launch the largest human trafficking campaign in the world – with a positive entertainment message. Goal: $25,000
- Be part of the launch of the power of ten humanitarian project. a self sustaining education based human rights program. Goal: $21,000